Sunday, September 28, 2008

Memories for Ileana

It has taken me all summer to activate my creative flow for this project. I just could not decide what was the proper and artistic project to commemorate Ileana's graduation from high school. Ileana is Dr. Patti Anderson's daughter, whom I just adore.


First I asked Patti to send me some pictures so I could digitally scrap them. Then I had to learn how to use the scanner to capture them at 300 dpi. Once that was done....Oh what to do....

I have used an 8x8 book from Oriental Trading. The pages came finished gloss white.

Then you have to decide what colors and what journaling you are going to use.



All digital layouts are done in Photoshop Elements. I used soft gloss paper to print on. I wish all of you could see this in real life.

Each page also has three deminsional elements to give an extra visual element.

The spine of the book has a white silk cord running down the middle with white and black tulle cut into strips tied onto the cord. I also used touches of white silk organza and red satin ribbon for that special touch.

1 comment:

merriberri said...

I was fortunate enough to see the finished product and I will tell all who view this site that Goatfeathers does not do justice to the beauty of this wonderful memory book. Celeste you must let us all know her response when she gets this prize from her fairy godmother --- or will we hear the screams of delight?!!